Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Disney War Bond

Article about: Hi Ade I will have to find that book. Hi Nick my son likes this one also.OBKrieger thanks for looking. Gary

?

Default Re: Disney War Bond

Hi Ade I will have to find that book. Hi Nick my son likes this one also.OBKrieger thanks for looking. Gary

Nancybb
    ?

I am new so I am stumbling finding my way around this site. I googled "Disney War Bond 1945" because I want to learn more about them. I have one on loan; it belongs to my s-i-l, a huge Disney fan, who received it when he was young from his ancestor. It is filled in with the name of person certified, the name of the person who presented it to him & the date, 25th Dec., 1945. I just had it framed using conservation materials; it is in near perfect condition. The graphics are crisp and charming. Interesting the US Treasury deems the bond 'worthless'. A similar one to the one I have is currently listed on eBay as a 'Buy It Now' item for $999.99. That one is blank. Mine is not for sale; it is a collectible family heirloom. So how is the worth of its collectibility determined? Can anyone clarify that? I'm asking because I want to know if it needs a seperate insurance rider? Please advise.

?

Hi Nancy and welcome I picked mine up for less then $20.00 US. Gary

Nice item! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Hi Jay, nice item you have.
    I've once seen such a piece in "The Antiques Roadshow"on BBC television.

Gr. Theo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12