Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

FDR Signed Neptune Ceremony, accompanying FDR photo with NC recipient and Rocky Keller signed IWO Jima AP photo

Article about: Attachment 428421Attachment 428420 First of all, I would never sell these pieces of my family memorabilia as I have way too many sentimental ties to them...with that said, what would a reaso

W3atlsu
    ?

Default FDR Signed Neptune Ceremony, accompanying FDR photo with NC recipient and Rocky Keller signed IWO Jima AP photo

FDR Signed Neptune Ceremony, accompanying FDR photo with NC recipient and Rocky Keller signed IWO Jima AP photoFDR Signed Neptune Ceremony, accompanying FDR photo with NC recipient and Rocky Keller signed IWO Jima AP photoFDR Signed Neptune Ceremony, accompanying FDR photo with NC recipient and Rocky Keller signed IWO Jima AP photoAttachment 428421Attachment 428420
    First of all, I would never sell these pieces of my family memorabilia as I have way too many sentimental ties to them...with that said, what would a reasonable value be for the listed items? Any other feedback on these items?

1.). Neptune Ceremony certificate from the USS Houston presidential cruise in 1938. FDR loved this ship and a family member was one of FDR's Marine 'enterouge'. On this presidential cruise, my relative crossed the equator for the first time and FDR performed the Neptune Ceremony. All this is well documented.

2.). Personal photo with FDR on the USS Houston with some of said enterouge.

3.) what I believe to be an original AP photo...maybe newspaper page...of Rosenthal's infamous photo of the Iwo Jima flag raising. It is signed by Lt General Rockey Keller of the 5th Marines.

I will always regret that my family member never would talk more of the war so I could better understand his military experience. But I also understand his reluctance due to the sheer horror of things he experienced, especially on Iwo Jima.

Default Re: FDR Signed Neptune Ceremony, accompanying FDR photo with NC recipient and Rocky Keller signed IWO Jima AP photo

Nice documents definatley some things you should keep in the family, what division was your relative in?