Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

french or british?

Article about: Hi there, I have come across this picture, which in itself doesn't sound difficult, but the problem is that I am not sure whether this picture is UK side of the family or french, or whether

dappykat
    ?

Default french or british?

Hi there, I have come across this picture, which in itself doesn't sound difficult, but the problem is that I am not sure whether this picture is UK side of the family or french, or whether it is one that comes from the house we have just rennovated.... No-one seems to know that I have asked so far on the french side, they died so there is no-one to ask on the house side, and no-one is interested on the UK side!

I have searched the internet and from my untrained eye, I haven't discovered other uniforms like this so far (pointy collar with 154 on it? and sleeve/cuff with design on it like that and shaped pockets etc).

Please can anyone help, as I am a bit stuck to find out further info for the people in the picture as I don't really know where to start looking!
    Thanks in advance!
    french or british?french or british?french or british?

Default Re: french or british?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The uniform is French.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

dappykat
    ?

Default Re: french or british?

Thanks Ade! Any ideas on where to go now please? I am a complete beginner on this...! Again thank you!