Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

General's Orders on how to interact with the German population in Germany

Article about: My grand uncle served with the 1st Infantry Division in WWII....his unit was in Germany after the war concluded in Europe. The other day he gave me this little pamphlet which contains Orders

Default General's Orders on how to interact with the German population in Germany

My grand uncle served with the 1st Infantry Division in WWII....his unit was in Germany after the war concluded in Europe. The other day he gave me this little pamphlet which contains Orders detailing how Amercians should interact with Germans while in Germany. I thought i'd share it with the rest of you...

General's Orders on how to interact with the German population in GermanyGeneral's Orders on how to interact with the German population in GermanyGeneral's Orders on how to interact with the German population in Germany

Default Re: General's Orders on how to interact with the German population in Germany

Nice peice of history. The Brits were issued with similar instructions, which soon got ignored.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!