Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Currency - Spanning the decades

Article about: A few months back I bought an untouched Veteran lot that was all packed away in German Ammo crates that were mailed back home and sat untouched in a garage for many decades. Included in the

MAP
    ?

Default German Currency - Spanning the decades

A few months back I bought an untouched Veteran lot that was all packed away in German Ammo crates that were mailed back home and sat untouched in a garage for many decades.

Included in the boxes were the banknotes. They go from 1905 all the way to 1944.

Typically it included currency during the years of the hyper inflation as well as what I think is Allied occupation/canteen currency. That said, there was no WW2 Nazi currency in the lot which I thought was odd as the boxes included many WW2 German items.

The value of this is nill, and most are in poor shape, but still interesting items.

German Currency - Spanning the decades

German Currency - Spanning the decadesGerman Currency - Spanning the decades

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Interesting items. Thanks for posting. Every collection deserves a few bank notes IMO.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Interesting items. Thanks for posting. Every collection deserves a few bank notes IMO.
    John
    Yes. Nice to have with a collection. Unfortunately....I gave them to my son already LoL...but it is only one room away from my War Room
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)