Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hiroshima PicPost

Article about: My Grandfather took these pics in hiroshima 1945,he was in the UN relief effort.i think the pictures speak for themselves.

Default Hiroshima PicPost

My Grandfather took these pics in hiroshima 1945,he was in the UN relief effort.i think the pictures speak for themselves.Hiroshima PicPostHiroshima PicPostHiroshima PicPostHiroshima PicPostHiroshima PicPostHiroshima PicPostHiroshima PicPost

Default Re: Hiroshima PicPost

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Wow these are great pictures pics like this are harder to come across now

Hmm discoveries such as these pictures may be good for further reference materials for books.

i am thinking of donating them to the australian war memorial,.along with some books from 1917 i got of my grandfather
    Quote by octavian View Post
    Hmm discoveries such as these pictures may be good for further reference materials for books.

AIF
    ?

Quote by Overthetop View Post
    i am thinking of donating them to the australian war memorial,.along with some books from 1917 i got of my grandfather
    Be careful what you donate to them mate as If it is a common item or something they don't want they will just sell it out the back door, I have a good mate who works at the storage annex and some of the stories he tells me makes me sick.

Thanks for posting those mate, most interesting images.
    It must have been difficult being there at that particular time and witnessing the aftermath,
    A very sad but necessary event IMO.

All the best
    Dave

Quote by AIF View Post
    Be careful what you donate to them mate as If it is a common item or something they don't want they will just sell it out the back door, I have a good mate who works at the storage annex and some of the stories he tells me makes me sick.
    I know a lot of collectors on here have a downer on donating to museums for various reasons, but most national museums or those run by governmental departments have established collections policies which outlines exactly what the museum is looking for to add to its holdings and also what it doesn't want to collect to avoid such scenarios. But usually there will also be a published disposals policy when a museum will divest certain holdings for a number of reasons, often to help fund the purchase of items of greater importance to the museums overall collections strategy, etc. So check first if you are unsure if such photos will fit the collections policy of the museum you have in mind.

How about considering getting reproduction quality scans of the photos produced, and I don't mean on a home scanner but from a repro house, and donating these to the museum or museums instead? You could also sell image reproduction rights through someone like Getty images or similar large commercial media libraries and at least you would get royalties when the images are used in books, editorials etc. this can be a good route to make the images available to the widest audience...and get to keep the original prints.

Many of the photos I have in my collection have been used in books, documentaries and editorial features for which I have created a simple image licence agreement and charge modest fees to supply reproduction quality scans. I donate image useage royalties to a number of smaller special interest archives that been helpful to me on my own projects.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.