Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Honoring relative who served in the Pacific

Article about: Friends, Today, on Navy Day, I honor my Uncle Edward Bradshaw - Coxswain and LCVP pilot. Campaigns included Saipain, Iwo Jima (Red Beach 2), Okinawa and occupation of Japan. In 1984 he gave

Default Honoring relative who served in the Pacific

Friends, Today, on Navy Day, I honor my Uncle Edward Bradshaw - Coxswain and LCVP pilot. Campaigns included Saipain, Iwo Jima (Red Beach 2), Okinawa and occupation of Japan. In 1984 he gave me all of his memorabilia saying "I know you'll take care of it." I'm sharing a page from his original landing attack orders for Iwo Jima - a mimeograph document made on his mother ship the U.S.S. Rutland APA 192. I can share the entire document if the membership here is interested. The solemn photo was taken before his assignment to active duty in 1944. Neil H.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Honoring relative who served in the Pacific  

Default Re: Honoring relative who served in the Pacific

My dad served in the China-Burma-India Theater. He enlisted in May 1941, 1st assignment was with the 1st Air Commandos, then 1st Squadron, 1st Combat Cargo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Honoring relative who served in the Pacific  
    Attached Images Attached Images Honoring relative who served in the Pacific