Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An interesting advertising piece.

Article about: I saw this and had to add it to my collection. It is a store advertisement for a shop in Rome, N.Y. I like that it lists ribbons all the way back to the Civil War. A very interesting piece.

Default An interesting advertising piece.

I saw this and had to add it to my collection. It is a store advertisement for a shop in Rome, N.Y.
    I like that it lists ribbons all the way back to the Civil War. A very interesting piece.
    Thanks for looking!

Crap! Sorry they are sideways! They aren't in my phone.

[QUOT
    E=carpediem;1819990]Crap! Sorry they are sideways! They aren't in my phone.[/QUOTE]

As Brian would say..."there ya go !!"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An interesting advertising piece.  

Ha ha! Thank you kind sir!

Wonder what the stimulant was ? I am currently reading a book FB recommended called "Blitzed". It is about the stimulant drug "Pervitin" which took hold of Germany pre war & war time. Quite interesting. Thanks for the post

Probably cocaine. Remember the original ingredient in Coke. It is interesting that it has to tell you that it is palatable. How horrible must it have smelled or tasted. The script on the bottle sounds like something a snake oil salesman would say, all starting with P.

Going a bit off topic but I remember reading in one book how the German troops took 'Panzer cake' - an amphetamine based stimulant. You felt great for another 6 hours but then had to take more or crash out.
    nick

CBH
    ?

Watch a great Doc about "Pervitin" it was methamphetamine taken in pill form.
    It sounded like half the Wehrmacht was hooked on the stuff.
    The SS experimented with all types of drug cocktails, in horrible Human Experiments.
    Literally drugging and walking Camp Inmates to death, in tests.
    If I can find the Doc, I'll post the name, sounds like an interesting book also.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Watch a great Doc about "Pervitin" it was methamphetamine taken in pill form.
    It sounded like half the Wehrmacht was hooked on the stuff.
    The SS experimented with all types of drug cocktails, in horrible Human Experiments.
    Literally drugging and walking Camp Inmates to death, in tests.
    If I can find the Doc, I'll post the name, sounds like an interesting book also.
    Hi Chris

Yes...I saw the documentary on Pervitin on the Military channel. That is what peeked my interest. Was not just the Wehrmacht that was involved with it, was all of Germany, civilians & the like. Finally..not sure what year, they banned it without a prescription. But they continued to dispense to the armed forces.

'D-Day through German Eyes' by Holger Eckhertz - it's a very interesting book for many reasons. Great chapters on Luftwaffe pilots, StuG crew, front line troops, paratroopers and the not often heard of 'Taifun' fuel air bomb.

I'd be interested in the documentary if you have the name.

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast