Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting battle forces of britain small book by W.H.C London 1940s?.

Article about: Another one picked up at auction this is a nice little book from the success series printed by W.H.C London. Can't get an exact date for the book but would guess 1940s , book contains little

?

Default Interesting battle forces of britain small book by W.H.C London 1940s?.

Another one picked up at auction this is a nice little book from the success series printed by W.H.C London. Can't get an exact date for the book but would guess 1940s , book contains little transfers of various military badges , aircraft , boats , tanks etc. Nice thing measures about 7 inches. Wanted to share with you guys , perhaps someone might have an accurate date for this too?.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting battle forces of britain small book by W.H.C London 1940s?.   Interesting battle forces of britain small book by W.H.C London 1940s?.  

Interesting battle forces of britain small book by W.H.C London 1940s?.   Interesting battle forces of britain small book by W.H.C London 1940s?.  

Interesting battle forces of britain small book by W.H.C London 1940s?.   Interesting battle forces of britain small book by W.H.C London 1940s?.  

Last edited by jimm; 11-15-2013 at 06:04 PM.

A quick search reveals the book was printed in 1941.

That is all.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Very Much appreciated , many thanks Herr commandant

Could you please post the pictures directly to the forum as otherwise they are liable to vanish, the same goes for any of your threads as it is also difficult to have a close look at the images.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Could you let me know How to post pictures directly to the forum as i use my photobucket to upload my pictures then copy & paste the links to the forum , i thought this was the only way possible to post pictures on forums?. As it is not possible to copy & paste a picture direct from my pc to the forum.

Hi Stu, please see the tech advice forum.

I have added the pics from your post to our server for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade , looks like all is sorted , should now be able to enlarge the pics. Will use the direct picture setting from now on.

Makes it easier to flip them as well so you can see what planes for instance are shown and which are not, no Lancs, but Spitfires are so, dating could have been done roughly this way, though Ned's looking it up is more accurate.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting battle forces of britain small book by W.H.C London 1940s?.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.