Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting extras with book on the Rhineland WWII

Article about: I bought this locally yesterday as the subject looked good covering the later stages of the war in Europe in the West, where the 53rd Welsh division were involved. This included units from t

Default Interesting extras with book on the Rhineland WWII

I bought this locally yesterday as the subject looked good covering the later stages of the war in Europe in the West, where the 53rd Welsh division were involved. This included units from the Welch regiment, the RWF and others. It appears to have been part of the library of the 1st battalion Royal Welch Fusiliers and it also has a clipping about the passing of one of the authors, a Canadian who escaped from Dieppe. The 1st battalion RWF were in the far east during this campaign but some of the other battalions were part of the 53rd Welsh div.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting extras with book on the Rhineland WWII   Interesting extras with book on the Rhineland WWII  

Interesting extras with book on the Rhineland WWII   Interesting extras with book on the Rhineland WWII  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Interesting extras with book on the Rhineland WWII

Nice book Jerry, wouldn't mind that myself ! Dont want to spoil the read but they ended up in North Germany around the Hamburg area

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Nice book Jerry, wouldn't mind that myself ! Dont want to spoil the read but they ended up in North Germany around the Hamburg area
    No don't tell me, next you'll tell they won the war.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    No don't tell me, next you'll tell they won the war.
    haha ...course they won the war, all on their own !!

Here's a nice map I have in one of my books from the early 50's, its basic, but I like the way the map starts out in this country around the Thames Estuary, my grandfather was based in Herne bay for a while before they left for Normandy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting extras with book on the Rhineland WWII