Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier

Article about: Hello everyone, Just thought that I'd share some photos of a few of the items in a large grouping that I have that belonged to Pfc Allen E. Witbeck. Mr. Witbeck fought with the 30th Infantry

?

Default Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier

Hello everyone,

Just thought that I'd share some photos of a few of the items in a large grouping that I have that belonged to Pfc Allen E. Witbeck. Mr. Witbeck fought with the 30th Infantry in Italy and Germany. He was twice wounded in action, and was awarded the Bronze Star for heroism in Germany. Included is a photo of the shrapnel from the wounds he received in Anzio. He is pictured second from the left in the group of for soldiers. Sorry for several redundant photos of the same things but hopefully these provide a little more detail. If anyone has information on the shield/wolfshead badge, I would appreciate it. I believe that it is theater-made out of lead. Thanks for looking.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier   Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier  

Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier   Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier  

Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier   Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier  

Attached Images Attached Images Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier  Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier  Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier  Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier  Interesting Grouping Fron a Twice-Wounded Soldier 

?

The shield is the distinctive unit insignia or DUI for the 30th infantry. Also it is not a wolf but a boar . hope this helps . Gary

?

Thank you Gary. I appreciate the information.

Tom

?

No problem Tom great grouping