Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Trench or Folk Art Tanks

Article about: Well I don't know really were to put this, but it guess, at a long shot it could be propaganda. As many of you know I come across a lot of different Military items, some great, some "sm

?

Default Interesting Trench or Folk Art Tanks

Well I don't know really were to put this, but it guess, at a long shot it could be propaganda.

As many of you know I come across a lot of different Military items, some great, some "small" I do not keep everything I find as I do not collect everything.

A couple of weeks ago, at an antique mall, I found this pair of hand made, early war tanks..now I do Love this sort of thing, and these will stay in my collection, almost as good as they are to me was the price $18 for the pair.

I see a couple of wooden gun barrels are missing, east to replace, however I am not sure I want to do that... maybe I will, maybe I won't

Now I know most here have little interest in this sort of thing. however we all have our "own" thing, this is one of mine, and that's what makes this a Great Forum.

Just My Thoughts.

Dean O
    Canada

Interesting Trench or Folk Art TanksInteresting Trench or Folk Art TanksInteresting Trench or Folk Art TanksInteresting Trench or Folk Art TanksInteresting Trench or Folk Art TanksInteresting Trench or Folk Art Tanks

These look like Training-Aids from the 1930's to me...
    cheers, Glenn

I agree with Glenn.

Whilst they do have the look of training aids, they also have a very hand made look to them and could be toys, very cool either way Dean.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Indeed - great pieces. I'd have to say likely toys as well.
    Love the nail as a barrel on that one tank.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Guys!!!, I do not think them early training aids as the detail on the sides is better on one while on the other it is somewhat missing..meaning the wheels or bogies ect..I think these were made as toys for someone... and by someone that was there at the beginning of WW2

Again, just my thoughts...but I love them all the same.

Dean O
    Canada