Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

L' ATTAQUE - WW2 Brit. Army Game ?

Article about: Picked this game up at a antiques market yesterday. L'ATTAQUE - " a game of military tactics, a rival to chess" made by H.P. Gibson & Sons Ltd. of London, which was a bit surpr

?

Default L' ATTAQUE - WW2 Brit. Army Game ?

Picked this game up at a antiques market yesterday. L'ATTAQUE - " a game of military tactics, a rival to chess" made by H.P. Gibson & Sons Ltd. of London, which was a bit surprising really as the market was in South Bavaria. Looked everything over, found no year of manufacture but looking at the design on the box and illustrations with uniforms it looks to made around the WW2 era. A couple of questions - have members come across this game before ? is it in fact a WW2 British Army game ? did the firm H.P. Gibson & Sons make other military games ? Any information appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L' ATTAQUE - WW2 Brit. Army Game ?   L' ATTAQUE - WW2 Brit. Army Game ?  

L' ATTAQUE - WW2 Brit. Army Game ?   L' ATTAQUE - WW2 Brit. Army Game ?  

?

Default Re: L' ATTAQUE - WW2 Brit. Army Game ?

Wow Alec, I haven't seen one of those sets in ages!!
    I used to play with one that belonged to my uncle when I was little.
    I can't say for sure when it was first released on the market as a game, but I think
    that he would have gotten his set in the early sixties, at a guess.
    Heaven knows how long it was around for before that.
    I don't recall if it was called L'Attaque either, I think it was called something else (an English title).

Brad.

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Wow Alec, I haven't seen one of those sets in ages!!
    I used to play with one that belonged to my uncle when I was little.
    I can't say for sure when it was first released on the market as a game, but I think
    that he would have gotten his set in the early sixties, at a guess.
    Heaven knows how long it was around for before that.
    I don't recall if it was called L'Attaque either, I think it was called something else (an English title).

Brad.
    Geeze Brad you must have been a brilliant child,i just read the instructions and i cant make hide nor hair of them
    Never the less Great survivor of when we used to sit around and play games with the family
    Cheers Boys

?

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Geeze Brad you must have been a brilliant child,i just read the instructions and i cant make hide nor hair of them
    I was a childhood genius Mick, the problems only really started when I turned legal drinking age, and killed off the offending excess braincells
    At least that's how I remember it it happening

Brad.