MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Ledger of ship losses WW2

Article about: Hi all Not been around much but picked this up from an auction today. Can anyone decipher the inscription at all. Not sure if the number is a service number. The ledger contains ships lost o

Default Ledger of ship losses WW2

Hi all

Not been around much but picked this up from an auction today. Can anyone decipher the inscription at all. Not sure if the number is a service number.

The ledger contains ships lost on the allies and axis side during WW2. also has 37 pages regarding german naval strategy in pencil. Seems interesting but of course will read it first.

But if anyone can help with the inscription, would be much obliged.

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ledger of ship losses WW2   Ledger of ship losses WW2  

Had a little closer look at the ledger. Not much further forward but the pages of handwritten notes do relate to the german navy. It seems it is written slightly haphazardly as parts are marked to be moved around so a chance the text could of been part of something else. There is also pictures of birds in the ledger and some text as well. Not sure if they have been done later though. Keep looking at the inscription but getting nowhere. I guess it reads Received from R E F Edwards L.B Polg 133136588. Remainder could be a C W Pipe from Woodbridge, that's what I can make out. If anyone sees anything else, would be a great help.

?

Grundisburgh Woodbridge is located in Suffolk. Whereabouts did you find this?

Oz.

Hi Oz

I brought the ledger at an auction in Cumbria. Just something about it appealed to me. Here is a picture of some of the writing in the book.Ledger of ship losses WW2