Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Magazine: Arnhem resurrected/Arnhem Herrijst

Article about: Hi Guys, I just took a couple of pics of this magazine for a friend as it contains some pics taken from the film "Theirs is the Glory". So I thought I would share them with you her

Default Re: Magazine: Arnhem resurrected/Arnhem Herrijst

Hi Nick, no German troops were used. Everyone was British or Dutch.

The ammo used in the film was mostly live! The special effects were done by "Brocks" the Fireworks people.

The scenes of troops crossing the Rhine during the evacuation was not filmed in Holland. The river was still contaminated due to the amount of bodies in the water.....so these scenes were shot in the UK.

Yes, I am lucky to have known the Vets 10 years and attended all their re-unions. I have been their Newsletter Editor for the past 3 years. I do 4 Editions a year. It is hard work, but it is my way of paying them back for the kindness they have shown me.

Hi Paul, you won't be dissappointed with it.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, I've never seen this film either and will grab a copy.I was last in Arnhem and Osterbrook in 1992 and visited the cemetery there as well as the Hotel museum.

thanks for posting.

Hi Ade,

I was asked to track this film down by a Vet about six months ago. I watched this film myself when I finally got hold of it for him. I agree an excellent film.

Regards to all, Simon.

?

I recommended it to one of the actors from a bridge too far recently; he agreed theirs is the glory paints a more accurate picture of Market garden.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2