Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Map reading for the soldier

Article about: Thanks mike,it has so many maps and different things in the back of the book,as its a book first then in the back there is a sleve that holds all of the maps and pictures..i cant remember we

?

Default Re: Map reading for the soldier

Thanks mike,it has so many maps and different things in the back of the book,as its a book first then in the back there is a sleve that holds all of the maps and pictures..i cant remember were i picked this up,maybe e-bay i know i did not pay much for it,and i do think everything is there as there is so much! are these worth much and are they collectable?thanks mike..

Pammy, I don't really know the value or collectability on them. I learned how to read one in the military the detail they provide are very good, they show roads and treelines but they also show the contour of the ground. After I got out of the military I had the opportunity to use one again, I took a job for an agency that was building a radio tower. They were looking for a property marker out in the middle of nowhere in the desert in southern New Mexico, They had all sorts of survey equipment set up to find this marker, they had a xerox copy of a map of the area, I started looking at it and it seemed they were looking in the wrong direction, I started following the contour lines of where I thought the marker was, and sure enough about a quarter mile later I walked right up to it. After that they took me into town and I was forced into intoxication for finding the marker. But my life's been sort of dull ever since.

Mike

?

well you have a lot of freinds on here me being one!i think thats pretty intersting you doing all of that stuff,as it is very interesting and different as you find things like a treasure map !

Hi Pammy
    Very nice book & collectable. Map collectors & WW2 collectors alike will like it. This sort of thing doesnt come up often. Its not highly valuable, but try find another in a hurry!
    Its a keeper

?

thanks dan,i payed $28 for it as i thought it was different i thought that was a good price but not sure?i know the maps are from pre 45 and they show detailed pictures and places thats neat!thanks again dan for the kind words!

$28 is a good price Pammy Keep finding the good stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2