Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Grandfather and Sweety Pie

Article about: Here's a few pics of my grandfather and his half track "Sweety Pie". Note the statue of the weiner dog. My grandfather is the guy with the helmet squating down in front of the half

Default My Grandfather and Sweety Pie

Here's a few pics of my grandfather and his half track "Sweety Pie".
    Note the statue of the weiner dog. My grandfather is the guy with the helmet squating down in front of the half track. Check out the thousand yard stare on the Sgt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Grandfather and Sweety Pie  
    Attached Images Attached Images My Grandfather and Sweety Pie  My Grandfather and Sweety Pie 

Default Re: My Grandfather and Sweety Pie

This is the front view of the half track. With magnifying glass I could read the bumper. It is says 6 "triangle" 44-I. My grandfather was in the 44th Armored Infantry, attached to the Sixth Armored Division. The lower photo is a view from the top of the half track, note the antenna. Off in the distance is what may be a German officer (you can tell by his visor cap) under guard, sitting on the hood of a jeep. Who knows?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Grandfather and Sweety Pie   My Grandfather and Sweety Pie  

Here's one of my grandfather and a buddy having a victor's toast. That's my grandfather with pipe. Below is one of my favorites. This guy is definitely zonked out. Hope you enjoyed. I'm lucky to have these. I "borrowed" them from my dear aunt and never returned them. Will show more later. rick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Grandfather and Sweety Pie  
    Attached Images Attached Images My Grandfather and Sweety Pie 

?

Rick these are great photos. The one with the german are those POW's on the hill? Gary

nice photos and a great story behind them

cheers,

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Rick these are great photos. The one with the german are those POW's on the hill? Gary
    Gary, I always wondered this too. They do seem to be a motley crew milling about. There must have some reason Poppop took this photo.

?

Family photo's are always neat.