Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Okinawa piece written by Ernie Pyle?

Article about: Hi all, I came across this paper with the title Ernie Pyle on Okinawa, I wonder if this could actually be a piece from his own typewriter or a copy that was distributed? It definetly looks l

Default Okinawa piece written by Ernie Pyle?

Hi all,

I came across this paper with the title Ernie Pyle on Okinawa, I wonder if this could actually be a piece from his own typewriter or a copy that was distributed? It definetly looks like another example I have seen of his original work as does the paper style with the two holes at the top. The paper talks about the waiting and preperation leading up to the invasion of Okinawa. I'd like to know your thoughts? I'm not sure why it says (VIA NAVY RADIO)

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Okinawa piece written by Ernie Pyle?   Okinawa piece written by Ernie Pyle?  

Okinawa piece written by Ernie Pyle?   Okinawa piece written by Ernie Pyle?  

Okinawa piece written by Ernie Pyle?   Okinawa piece written by Ernie Pyle?  

MAP
    ?

Can't help but that is a really cool item.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think so too. I looked and I can't find anything saying it was ever published. It supposedly came from the estate sale of a USN veteran and picked from a stack of papers. Here is a link to Pyle's other manuscripts being offerd for sale: WWII Ernie Pyle Original Typed Manuscript Inv. of Sicily 31 pages 1943 Brave Men | eBay The okinawa document looks similar!

MAP
    ?

Can't open link.

Hope it's legit. Who doesn't like Ernie Pyle!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)