Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

old Greek visa...?

Article about: Hi, First, to apologize for using this way to find one who can help here. I would like to know if you one here understand Greek? I am having difficulties in understanding what it is written,

Default old Greek visa...?

Hi,

First, to apologize for using this way to find one who can help here.

I would like to know if you one here understand Greek? I am having difficulties in understanding what it is written, the Greek section, bottom of each visa...

Any help here would be great.

Many many thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture old Greek visa...?   old Greek visa...?  

Default Re: old Greek visa...?

Hi Neil!

Yes, it's indeed a Greek visa. It states that the owner is serving in the Israeli Air Force and is a member of a group of ten men, coming to Greece in order to receive an airplane.

Regards, Giorgos

Hi Giorgos,

Wow! really? that is amazing information! new country receiving new planes for it's air force. That is history! could you write more detail?

Many many thanks,
    Neil.

2 visas, where does it state that? and what does it say in the other?

Thanks again.

May I trouble more ifor another scan? hope it's OK...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture old Greek visa...?  

That's written at the bottom of the first visa, along with the telegramm number of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Consulate of Jerusalem, giving the permission. There's no more info on it, regarding the plane etc, unfortunately. It's pretty cool, though, for sure!

Second visa is redirecting to the telegramm of the first one, so the man must have paid a second visit to Greece for the same reason.

Regards, Giorgos

Your last scan is a "Foreigner's departure form" with his personal data, also stating that he is a member of the military and namely a pilot.

Regards, Giorgos

Thank you ever so much!

Rgrds,
    Neil.

It is israel visa , wich owner is called BEN-AVRAHAM Hanah , who will stay in kifisia (on thessaloniki maybe .it is not good ),arrived in 1-11-1950( no clear and good writing i must say.Maybe the person who writed this was , writing it to fast) and depart with flight B-17 L -220 , maybe to TEL AVID. (THE SECOND FOTO)...his age is cofindential - secret (dont know why.so it is writing in the visa although there is number 1920 where the sex for male or female is .dont know why) passport number 24118 from 18-7-1950 israel pass...from the first foto i see that he left Greece 18-11-1950 (it is in the stamp), but from Athens airport

He also had a US passport issued at Tel Aviv, 1952, after leaving the Israeli Air-Force in 1951. He then served as commercial-pilot for the Israeli air-lines El Al, mainly flights to Europe, South Africa and Burma from 1952 to 1955.

Thanks you all for the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture old Greek visa...?   old Greek visa...?  

Last edited by huddyhuddy; 07-05-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: adding scans

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast