Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

opinion on officers log book please

Article about: purchased this a while back now for a real good price!! been meaning to get opinions on it for ages.... log book belonging to Cpt/Major P.F.Rodwell. not researched any of it yet as not found

Default opinion on officers log book please

purchased this a while back now for a real good price!!
    been meaning to get opinions on it for ages....

log book belonging to Cpt/Major P.F.Rodwell. not researched any of it yet as not found the time........one day....I keep telling myself lol!!

hope you enjoy and any info muchly appreciated!

sorry about all the twisted pics, it seems to do this whatever id do.....any help with that also appreciated lol!opinion on officers log book pleaseopinion on officers log book pleaseopinion on officers log book pleaseopinion on officers log book pleaseopinion on officers log book pleaseopinion on officers log book please

I moved this to the paper work section as the Airborne section above refers to the paras, not aircrew related. I know there are a few on here who collect RAF paperwork and flight log books usually attract a bit of interest.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Can you show the front page and back pages completely - are there any pasted in evaluation or rating slips - there should also be monthly flying times totaled and certified by the commanding officers etc. and stamped. This has the feel of a recreated unofficial logbook from what you have shown me in these pictures.

hi and thanks for comments!
    have now had various opinions on this one. I do have other log books which as you say have stamps from commanding officers etc. so I thought the same as you asterperious. but since then have been informed that's it was quite common for these types not to have any stamps or checks etc. as a lot of their ops could have been secret? Im still undecided. I do know that the stamps & signatures are quite easy to make/fake so why not go the whole hog if you are gonna do it?
    I wil take some more pics tomo. and hopefully they wont rotate, they automatically rotate when I upload any pics and cant see where to change it on this software....
    thanks for reply!

I rotated then for you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinion on officers log book please   opinion on officers log book please  

opinion on officers log book please   opinion on officers log book please  

opinion on officers log book please   opinion on officers log book please  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi,

With no stamps or signatures, course endorsements pasted in qualifications etc. I would not treat it as original then but as a veterans diary recreated for whatever reason, not necessarily a fake to fool collectors, but he may have not retained his original, lost it, had it destroyed accidentally etc. and recreated it from memory, diaries etc. You've been fed BS about 'secret' ops etc., (especially not by an army co-op pilot probably) by whoever is selling it I'd bet. 'Secret' ops usually by special duties squadrons concealed secret or classified ops with code names or other designations - weather recon is a good example a defined weather track would be denoted as say 'Oscar' which those in the know would understand the mission, headings objectives etc.

Official logs were exactly that, gov't documents and required official certifications etc. to be valid.

If it interests you pay what makes you comfortable but IMO it is not an official or 'real' logbook.