MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Original documents from wormhaudt and les paridis massacres investigations - HELP

Article about: Hi all, My grandfather was an investigator and ss interrogator. He was assigned to the above mentioned massacres and I have the original files including, maps, photos, witness statements fro

?

Default Original documents from wormhaudt and les paridis massacres investigations - HELP

Hi All, My grandfather was an investigator and ss interrogator. He was assigned to the above mentioned massacres and I have the original files including, maps, photos, witness statements from allied personnel and ss officers involved. Also I have movement orders and authorisations from mod Kensington palace. The file on wormhaudt contains evidence that General willhelm Monhke was responsible for orders to carry out the massacre. However the British government ordered the files to be kept secret until 2011 and could not be used as evidence. I also have letters from MP Jeff Rooker and IAn sayer (co auther of "hitlers last general") to my grandfather.
    I am thinking of either selling these documents or putting them up for auction but have no idea of possible value etc. would anyone have any ideas.
    These are just a few photos but I have more files and other items.
    Last edited by Bigjon; 09-27-2014 at 10:34 AM.

?

Some more examples
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original documents from wormhaudt and les paridis massacres investigations - HELP   Original documents from wormhaudt and les paridis massacres investigations - HELP  

Original documents from wormhaudt and les paridis massacres investigations - HELP   Original documents from wormhaudt and les paridis massacres investigations - HELP  

?

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

These are historical documents to two well known early war events of atrocity and as such would probably be best in a Historical archive / museum etc although which one i cannot say. I'm sure they will be of great interest to the members here.

Certainly the involvement of Mohnke in Wormhout has always been contraversial due to the lack of prosecution of him as there was of Knochlein for Le Paradis !

Would it be possible to repost the photos the correct way up ?

regards

Paul

?

I assume you are aware that Mohnke went on to order further atrocities to be carried out by Troops under his command in Russia , Normandy and the Ardennes !

?

Very interesting also to see evidence of the shooting of prisoners by Hohenstaufen personnel at Arnhem i think you have some very unique files here !!

?

Thank you for the replies. Yes of course I will repost. It will be tomorrow morning now.
    My grandfather really wanted Monhke to stand trial for the things he did. It was something my grandfather was very passionate about.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original documents from wormhaudt and les paridis massacres investigations - HELP  

?

Thank you , it has always been a mystery to me and many others that Mohnke was never prosecuted and i can only commend your Grandfather for pursuing the matter so long after the end of the war.

Mohnke lived until he was in his 90's and only died a few years ago he was certainly directly responsible for the execution of Prisoners in Normandy but unfortunately he got away with it , why ? Perhaps we will never know !!

sometimes justice is not always served,but I am sure Fritz Knochlien was hung for his crime.

?

Knochlein was hung in Hameln in 1948 !

?

Hi Paul, I took more photos this morning, making sure they were the right way up. When I try to upload them the website rotates them, not me. I don't know how to correct this?. I tried rotating it on my computer then uploading again but the website rotated it back!. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast