Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original us d-day photographs

Article about: Hello, Picked up these small photo's a while back. They came in a small envelope together and a few of them have writing on the back. Unfortunatly, there are no dates,names etc of who sanped

Default Original us d-day photographs

Original us d-day photographsHello, Picked up these small photo's a while back.
    They came in a small envelope together and a few of them have writing on the back.
    Unfortunatly, there are no dates,names etc of who sanped the pics.
    All i know is what was written on the envelope.
    Anyone have any idea of what beach etc they are showing?
    Thanx, patrck.Original us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographsOriginal us d-day photographs

Default Re: Original us d-day photographs

those are some great pictures, im off to Normandy tomorrow, would love to put those pictures into picture as they are today, going to Omaha, point du hoc, st maire eglise, brecourt manor, le fiere causeway and pegasus bridge (and a few other places) im hoping to get some trinkets while im there.

I think its a shame how things like this get lost in time, good job collectors are here to look after them.

I'm of no help but nice pics anyway.

Eric

Thank you very much!
    Can you I D any of the places in theses pics?
    I would love to be able to put a place name to them.
    Oh, and have a great trip!!!!!
    That would be a dream vacation for me.
    patrick.

I'd say this looks like Utah. Omaha has a steep hill behind the beach, where as Utah has more dunes. I've got a photo of German POWs at Utah and it looks pretty similar in terms of the landscape.