Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Oswald Mosley Signature Real or Not

Article about: Hi' Guys, Please can you advise me on this item. The signature has been written on this 1954 Mosley Policy and Debate book. Have my doubts on this piece, but just need some confirmation. Man

Default Oswald Mosley Signature Real or Not

Hi' Guys, Please can you advise me on this item. The signature has been written on this 1954 Mosley Policy and Debate book. Have my doubts on this piece, but just need some confirmation. Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oswald Mosley Signature Real or Not  

?

I have compared your example to a couple of Mosley signatures from the 1950s and think that it is probably not authentic. In the two examples I looked at the flourish under the name is significantly different and also the line connecting the 'O' to the 'M' takes a direct route in both of the original examples. Perhaps also your examples is written with too much finesse - Mosley had terrible spiky handwriting, almost illegible and although his signature is usually better it still often has a little of the same quality. The two examples I looked at were on original letters that I have research copies of.

Regards, Philip