Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Photo of Gurkha Trucks in Malaya?

Article about: Hi all. I have just found this interesting photo at a car boot sale. Hopefully someone can give me ideas on it. I am pretty sure this is post- war and clearly shows Gurkha insignia on the je

Default Photo of Gurkha Trucks in Malaya?

Hi all. I have just found this interesting photo at a car boot sale. Hopefully someone can give me ideas on it. I am pretty sure this is post- war and clearly shows Gurkha insignia on the jeep. I am also assuming Malaya but could be wrong. If anyone can suggest different I am all ears
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo of Gurkha Trucks in Malaya?  

Default Re: Photo of Gurkha Trucks in Malaya?

Yup, Malaya I'd say too. My dad was over there 1956/57, REME attached to the KDG and in his photo's all of the vehicles carried the crossed Kukri badges, I think it was the marking for 17 Gurkha Division though I'm not totally sure?

Some pictures here... If you look at the assorted vehicles most, if not all, have the crossed kukris.

Nice pic. It is post war as evidenced by the civilian style number plate on the last truck's front bumper. Until 1949 all vehicles had the WD Census (registration) number painted on the bonnet or door.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks very much for the comments guys