Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pocket prayer book

Article about: This is another item I picked up from the family of Robert Peltier 736th tank battalion 8th armored division. A pocket prayer book given to catholic service men. Notice the back cover has ra

Default Pocket prayer book

Pocket prayer book
    Pocket prayer book

This is another item I picked up from the family of Robert Peltier 736th tank battalion 8th armored division. A pocket prayer book given to catholic service men. Notice the back cover has raised bumps in place of rosary beads. They are very worn down, proving the old saying that there are no atheists in combat. I enjoy personal items such as these. They don't have to be pricey to be interesting.

Very nice missal, So many Soldiers carried religious artifacts with them in battle to protect them..

I still have my pocket bible that I was given when I joined the Army, and I have several other pocket bibles that I picked up over the years with different covers on them, Desert camo, Woodland Camo, etc..

I also have a few prayer books from other denominations other than Christian Soldiers..

Smitty