Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.

Article about: Hey guys, I was looking for a communal compilation thread with photos of the Pacific theater and couldn't see one. Would really like to see what's out there. Warning - There are a few graphi

?

Default Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.

Hey guys,

I was looking for a communal compilation thread with photos of the Pacific theater and couldn't see one.
    Would really like to see what's out there.
    Warning - There are a few graphic photos I'm including.

I have a few that I have recently started collecting this year.
    I have three new ones on their way, but I believe them to be reprints. No watermarks or stamps. From an estate sale - ex U.S soldier.

What's the story with reprints?
    Were they extras that were printed out to be used in certain magazines or news papers? History books?
    How often would extras be printed out to hand out to soldiers? Or would that only happen after the war?

The three new ones are -

1. USS LCI 77 and 78 providing rocket support for the 1st Marine Div at Peleliu - 15th Sept 1944.
    2. Two U.S Army tanks stuck on the beach surround by dead Japanese and maybe even U.S soldiers? I can't really tell. webbing on helmets looks Japanese.
    3. D-Day beach from the air. Supply ships unloading.

I will post when they arrive.

Cheers,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.   Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.  

Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.   Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.  

Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.   Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.  

?

Here they are.

I've seen the rocket support pic on a U.S Navy website before.

They do look like dead Japanese soldiers on the beach. I'm sure I have seen this image before in a history book abut 30 years ago. Or maybe I'm thinking about another picture?

The supplies getting unloaded must be D-Day +2 or +3.

No writing on the backs.

Cheers,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.   Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.  

Post your WWII Pacific theater photos. Allies + Axis.