Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Posters....Sacrifice

Article about: Does anyone have any info on or seen these posters? I could not find out anything by Googling them. Thanks.

?

Default Posters....Sacrifice

Does anyone have any info on or seen these posters? I could not find out anything by Googling them. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Posters....Sacrifice   Posters....Sacrifice  

Posters....Sacrifice  

Default Re: Posters....Sacrifice

Pablo: What is it you want to know? The first one is a general "there's a war on" poster that was put up in factories and other work places. One of the frequent companion themes was "Loose lips sink ships" and another more closely related to the first poster was "stay on the job." There are dozens of variations on the theme. The other two are intended to get people to buy war bonds, sometimes called war loans. Those posters were in every government building, school, meetinhg halls; in fact they were everywhere. Again, there were many dozens of these in various themes. Those are excellent examples of the home front effort. Dwight

Default Re: Posters....Sacrifice

These are great poster from ww2 era i love the first one all where used for the war bonds drive !! Which is really what payed for the war some of theese can be very rare the only one i have seen before of these is the third one which is pretty common but could still bring about 100 from the right person !