Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Propaganda leaflet dropped over Italy 1944

Article about: I have had in my possession for a while now, a propaganda leaflet given to me by a vet from the Cassino campaign. He told me they used to wipe their Ar**s on them." Softer than the pape

Default Propaganda leaflet dropped over Italy 1944

I have had in my possession for a while now, a propaganda leaflet given to me by a vet from the Cassino campaign.

He told me they used to wipe their Ar**s on them." Softer than the paper we were issued" He'd say, which made me laugh.......... But for some reason, he decided to keep just one.

It was a gift, so will never be for sale. I haven't heard of many surviving. On the back is a full A5 sheet of writing, basically telling the Tommy, that while he's away, the Americans are at play! with their wives and girlfriends

I think it's a great piece of history
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Propaganda leaflet dropped over Italy 1944   Propaganda leaflet dropped over Italy 1944  

Default Re: Propaganda leaflet dropped over Italy 1944

Hi John, this a super item, made all the better by you being given it by the Vet. I have seen this one before. The Italian Campaign seems to have had it's fair share of propaganda leaflets being used.

I have one, not in great condition having been "cellotaped" together. This is the more usual why fight for Stalin's benefit etc. I will take some pics of it after Xmas.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Propaganda leaflet dropped over Italy 1944

Ive seen a few of these on the Forums, None as provocative as this one! They may of wiped there behind with these But imagine how it would of afected them at the time...Lets Face it, Was not that far from the truth.

Nice leaflet John, do you still have it ?

Cheers

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Nice leaflet John, do you still have it ?

Cheers
    Blimey. .....resurrection of the dead LOL... yes I still have it. Framed and on the wall.... as I originally said.....some things are not for sale 😆
    Last edited by John Brandon; 02-24-2017 at 11:32 PM.

CBH
    ?

My Avatar is a leaflet from the Italian campaign , I have a set .

I'm starting to enjoy resurrected threads , after all it was old stuff to begin with .

PS Not for sale .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Propaganda leaflet dropped over Italy 1944   Propaganda leaflet dropped over Italy 1944  

I have two found in Metz.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    I have two found in Metz.
    Lets see.....

Quote by CBH View Post
    My Avatar is a leaflet from the Italian campaign , I have a set .

I'm starting to enjoy resurrected threads , after all it was old stuff to begin with .

PS Not for sale .
    Nice leaflets Chris !! can you show the reverse ?? EDIT: i see now
    Cheers
    Last edited by HistoryMan; 02-25-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Propaganda leaflet dropped over Italy 1944Propaganda leaflet dropped over Italy 1944
    My one and only.

Mart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast