Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Proud Paramarine Portrait

Article about: Been a slow year for me USMC-wise, picked up three portraits and 2 small personal items in 10 months. Some of this I attribute to me new Norwegian niche, some to me having become very picky

?

Default Proud Paramarine Portrait

Been a slow year for me USMC-wise, picked up three portraits and 2 small personal items in 10 months. Some of this I attribute to my new Norwegian niche, some to me having become very picky in what USMC I keep. This one seemed like it might garner enough interest to post...

The Paramarines were a short-lived organization in existence from 1942-44. They never made a combat jump, a few were planned but scrapped at the last moment. The Paramarines fought in many notable campaigns to include Bougainville, and when they were dissolved in 44, many ended up reassigned to units that ultimately landed on Iwo Jima

Sadly, the only name I have is "Frankie", but here's a proud Paramarine wearing the coveted jump wings. In both the Army and Marines, many men volunteered for jump duty simply for the extra money that came with being in a jump status. Due to the infancy of paratroopers and the inherent danger of the job, Paramarines in WWII were required to be single men.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Proud Paramarine Portrait  

?

Great photo and information! Thanks for posting.

Tom

?

Great pic. Like you mentioned short lived with no Jumps. I read a Tom Clancy series that was semi fictional about the China Marines and the Para's. It made me research more about the true story behind them

Very Cool.
    Thanks for sharing that pic Brig's.

Semper Fi

Phil

?

The Paramarines have a very interesting history...sadly, they often get lumped into the 'special forces' category that has a lot of blind fanboys, who don't actually take the time to learn that history.