Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

RAF training in the USA

Article about: hi just thought id add these pics from my grandfathers album he joined the RAF in ww2 and was chosen to be a navigator his journey begins in england then to the usa back to england and then

Default RAF training in the USA

hi just thought id add these pics from my grandfathers album he joined the RAF in ww2 and was chosen to be a navigator his journey begins in england then to the usa back to england and then to india where his Hudson crashed on take off giving him severe burns and sole survivorship of the crash please note the date of the rugby match in georgia and for all the us guys reverse the date to day then month ... i also added some from my grandmothers pov she served aboard a minesweeper apparently the pic of the sailor i have no clue as to who he is or the guys on the aa gun anyways hope you all enjoy it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF training in the USA   RAF training in the USA  

RAF training in the USA   RAF training in the USA  

Last edited by panzerjaeger44; 07-14-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Default re: RAF training in the USA

part two btw i should add the album was purchased in the usa while here but the pics etc were finally sent to him from the local photographers store after his crash in India with a lovely letter from them saying how proud they were for his service and the hope of this token of their appreciation as a kind gesture considering it was sent in late 44 by ship in the middle of ww2 a very kind gesture indeed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF training in the USA   RAF training in the USA  

part 3 is the illegally taken picture from a sunderland along with pics where my grandmother served

RAF training in the USA  

the album itself
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF training in the USA  

Thanks for sharing these. I alway enjoy seeing family photos.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: RAF training in the USA

your welcome i just find it ironic that we see normal life continuing on 7 dec 1941 they just havent been told the japanese have attacked and yet we rarely see these moments captured in time and it took a brit in the raf to take the pics the historical value must be of some inportance

well id hoped for more intewrest in this elusive piece of history especially after people had asked to see them so adding this incase anyone missed it

points of interest apart from the rugby match taking place while japan attacks pearl harobr are that the raf personel were not allowed to wear unifroms off base and were issued a grey suit and of course the photo from the sunderland overlooking part of the base was strictly against regulations i had another pic along time ago of them all in a dhingy as the sunderland crapped out ands sunk on landing !!