Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Read all about it..

Article about: Hi all, while walking down a small street in my local town, i spotted an old newspaper in a window of an antique shop...it read " BLOOD PURGE RAGES IN GERMANY", mmm i thought, and

Default Read all about it..

Hi all,
    while walking down a small street in my local town, i spotted an old newspaper in a window of an antique shop...it read " BLOOD PURGE RAGES IN GERMANY", mmm i thought, and niped inside, they had a large bundle of old newspapers, i quickley filtered through them, and took the best ones, now they could be duds, and they did not cost very much......so let me know what you think...
    the dates i have are .
    saturday april 28 1945,
    friday july 21 1944,
    sunday july 23 1944,
    wednesday june 7 1944,
    and friday june 9 1944
    also included were 2 posters..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Read all about it..   Read all about it..  

Read all about it..   Read all about it..  

Default Re: Read all about it..

That was a fortuitous walk for you Darren. Wonderful find! I didn't realize they had that bright of colored ink on newsprint pre-1950. Thanks for sharing.

Jay

Hi Darren, I am 99% sure these are all British reprints from the 1970's. They were called "The War Papers". Each one came with a reprinted poster too. I have most of the set which I bought at the time. There are no reprint dates or anything on them to tell them apart from originals. Now yellowed with age they look totally real.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi ade, i was thinking they are to good to be true..the 2 daily mirror papers have, REGISTERED AT THE G.P.O. AS A NEWSPAPERS, printed under the price at the top left corner, could these be irish editions ....

Hi Darren, no, that marking is conventional.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Darren, Nice papers, but I do think Ade is correct. Here's a couple of pictures of some of the wartime papers I was given a few weeks ago by an old lady, these are definately original!

Harry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Read all about it..   Read all about it..  

Read all about it..  

hi harry, nice bunch you have thare, malta , egypt, gibraltar, usa, tropoli. 100% alright, if anyone else would like to post, their newspapers, usa , france, germany, ussr.please do....see how many different countries can be represented.....

In this world, things are complicated and are decided by many factors. We should look at problems from different aspects, not just from one.