Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Engineers photo post card and RE cushion

Article about: Picked these two up today, he is wearing a battle dress serge (37 pattern) or a pre austerity 40 pattern BD, looks to have printed titles, though cant tell what the formation patch is and he

Default Royal Engineers photo post card and RE cushion

Picked these two up today, he is wearing a battle dress serge (37 pattern) or a pre austerity 40 pattern BD, looks to have printed titles, though cant tell what the formation patch is and he has something on his left pocket where the button hole would be. He is wearing a GS cap which might have an economy badge on it.

Also got a sounvenir RE cushion, pre 1953 as it has a Kings crown.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Engineers photo post card and RE cushion   Royal Engineers photo post card and RE cushion  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Royal Engineers photo post card and RE cushion

Nice finds Jerry. Embroidered stuff is not everyone's cup of tea but I like it

Love the cushion!

?

Two nice pick-ups there mate.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Love the cushion!
    I have a few others, two printed Egyptian linen and one embroidered on velvet, all souvenirs of Egypt, the linen are Eighth army and the Velvet is RA. Also a US Navy one I bought for my wife.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Engineers photo post card and RE cushion   Royal Engineers photo post card and RE cushion  

Royal Engineers photo post card and RE cushion   Royal Engineers photo post card and RE cushion  

Regards,

Jerry

We have some aswell, will dig them out tomorrow and upload pics. I found a Royal Artillery Embroided Handkerchief in my nans possessions and have no idea whose it was which is a shame really.

Hi Vicky, be good to see them, I don't know why but I have a soft spot for these, I suppose the typical tourist tat brought back by most British soldiers, rather than German items, that unlike the Americans, most did not want that sort of stuff, instead something nice for the wife or girlfriend.

Interesting about your Nan's hanky, she mussed have kissed a gunner, LOL!
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post

Interesting about your Nan's hanky, she mussed have kissed a gunner, LOL!
    Possibly, there was also a RA sweetheart brooch. Odd as my grandfather was in the RASC. I like these items, we have a few including a nice embroidery on a hessian material that James has uploaded before which he researched and the guy was KIA. We found his name on the Menin Gate whilst there last time. We have also found the entry in the unit diary which mentions him during the battle of Frezenberg ridge.