MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

A silk "Blood" chit.

Article about: This is a silk "Blood" chit issued to mainly aviators flying over Burma. The only problem that I can see is that it presupposes that the native you bumped into could read. John.

Default A silk "Blood" chit.

This is a silk "Blood" chit issued to mainly aviators flying over Burma. The only problem that I can see is that it presupposes that the native you bumped into could read. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A silk "Blood" chit.  

?

Default Re: A silk "Blood" chit.

very nice item John , and another point , even if they could read , would they care !!
    cheers Al

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    This is a silk "Blood" chit issued to mainly aviators flying over Burma. The only problem that I can see is that it presupposes that the native you bumped into could read. John.
    John,
    Very nice. I suspect that you are correct in that most natives encountered would not be able to read and could probably care less even tho there is a reward offered for safe return of the pilot.

A little later period, the attached is the blood chit I carried in Vietnam. They were serial numbered secured items and we had to sign for them each morning and turn them in when we returned after completion of the mission. This particular one was in my flight suit pocket when I went down in 1971. When I returned to my unit after several weeks stay in the hospital I found that my flight suit and vest had been picked up by my fellow pilots and taken back to the unit where it was waiting for me. The chit was still in the pocket so I decided to keep it in rememberance of that incident.

Terry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A silk "Blood" chit.   A silk "Blood" chit.  

Dear Hawk 3370, Thanks for adding your Blood chit to this post. When you look at yours it must bring back so many memories and it is a great heirloom for your family. I hope you write down all the info. on the chit and then your family will have a record of your achievements. cheers, John.