Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!

Article about: CALEB HERE It's 100% noticeably warmer in North Texas today.. lived here all my life, still hate the summer around here. Miserable is what it should be called. I have recently decided to pic

Lightbulb So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!

CALEB HERE

It's 100% noticeably warmer in North Texas today.. lived here all my life, still hate the summer around here. Miserable is what it should be called.

I have recently decided to pick up a new hobby, just trying to learn anything WWII related, whether Allied or Axis.. it's all history and these humans are due some respect. I was digging through the coin collection in my closet and found these WWII related AMERICAN coins. Now, I didn't purchase this item, my non-biologic Grandfather, My Dah, purchased these items. I am fortunate enough to claim ownership of these items. 24 hours ago I found these cool pieces in the coin collection, and holy cow.. WHATS THAT??? IS THAT SOMETHING WORLD WAR II RELATED?? I LOVE IT!! There is a little damage to the "dime section of the Set package" I think I may be able to fix it up a tad get that sucker to stay still Sorry about the quality of the dime pics. Just piss-poor on my part. I will do my best to upload a better pic when I can. Check it out guys, share YOUR TWO CENTS!

Anyways guys, I wasn't sure where to share coinage related to WWII. I just couldn't help but keep thinking how cool it was to find these coins in my closet after I recently picked up a new hobby. I can't express my gratitude to my Grandfather, so guys, I am just so grateful for my Family today, for without them I'm not quite sure where I would be. I am lucky to be here on Earth, lookin' at cool things! PEACE and LOVE

Caleb

So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!So THIS! is what Americans were up to during WWII!

MAP
    ?

Some nice stuff. As a young boy I had an ammo can full of these steel pennies that my Dad collected when he was a kid. Wonder where they are now???
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I still have a couple of the steel pennies and shell case pennies -somewhere.

I was born in Texas.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I don't think I have ever seen a Shell case penny. Luckily I have this new toy I can look at them with, I couldn't get a nice picture with my iPhone 8.

MAP
    ?

Funny, but from what I have read, "shell case" pennies were at best a publicity stunt by the gov't. They were not really made out of shell casings from overseas.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Funny, but from what I have read, "shell case" pennies were at best a publicity stunt by the gov't. They were not really made out of shell casings from overseas.
    Ya know... This wouldn't surprise me for some reason... Hmmmmm... definitely not anything to do with $$??

MAP
    ?

Quote by SirCaleb View Post
    Ya know... This wouldn't surprise me for some reason... Hmmmmm... definitely not anything to do with $$??
    Logistics as well the fact that shell casings are made of brass.