Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish American War Vet-Related

Article about: Hello everyone, Of course, this post is not WWII related, but I think somewhat interesting nonetheless. I am came across a couple of early twentieth-century military photos a few weeks ago a

?

Default Spanish American War Vet-Related

Hello everyone,

Of course, this post is not WWII related, but I think somewhat interesting nonetheless. I am came across a couple of early twentieth-century military photos a few weeks ago and picked them up for a few bucks. Initially I thought they were Civil War veterans reunion photos, but some digital enhancement and background research suggests that the main subjects are Spanish American War vets. I'm wondering if this is a formal/organized camp meeting of veterans? When I enlarged the images, I was able to identify U.S. Army Pioneer/Army Engineers insignia (?), which is kind of cool. The corner of the group photo gives some general idea of where these were taken It is marked, "Krieg Photo......N.C. I can't make out the other location information. Interestingly, the environs look like coastal N.C. to me, but not positive. I googled Krieg photography and there is a Krieg photography in that part of the state, so maybe a descendant carrying on the business? . The gentleman with the mustache and glasses in the small group photo may have been the original owner of the photos, as he is circled in the large group shot. Anyway, any comments or insight that you might be able to provide about the vets and the gathering would be appreciated.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish American War Vet-Related   Spanish American War Vet-Related  

Spanish American War Vet-Related   Spanish American War Vet-Related  

Spanish American War Vet-Related   Spanish American War Vet-Related  

Spanish American War Vet-Related  
    Attached Images Attached Images Spanish American War Vet-Related  Spanish American War Vet-Related