Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dachau booklet

Article about: Forum This SS Dachau booklet was located at a militaria show. Walking down the aisles, I saw this very book selling for \\$325 and a couple aisles later this one was at a fraction of the price

Default SS Dachau booklet

Forum

This SS Dachau booklet was located at a militaria show. Walking down the aisles, I saw this very book selling for $325 and a couple aisles later this one was at a fraction of the price. I haven't been called a cheap bastage, but do enjoy a bargain every now and then. The pages are yellowed and look very old so I hope it's authentic but I'm not a paper expert. The cover is stunning and does display nicely.

When the camp was liberated, U.S. forces chronicled the happenings at Dachau and this was the end result. From what I have found, this booklet was for training of military personnel.

Greenhorn

SS Dachau bookletSS Dachau booklet
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Default Re: SS Dachau booklet

Does it say BENCHMARK Publishing inside?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Eric

I don't recall it, where would it be? Does that make it a reprint?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

I have looked at these at gun shows and such and what I have learned they are originally published in 1945 by the G-2 Section of the 7th US Army in Europe. and the reprints are by BENCHMARK Pub and done in the 1950s.
    I am not sure where I remember the Publishing info was front or rear but I still like it and it is Old!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    I have looked at these at gun shows and such and what I have learned they are originally published in 1945 by the G-2 Section of the 7th US Army in Europe. and the reprints are by BENCHMARK Pub and done in the 1950s.
    I am not sure where I remember the Publishing info was front or rear but I still like it and it is Old!

Eric
    Thanks Eric, it's a neat book and is in fantastic condition. I will have to check on the Benchmark Publishing thing. I figured it had to be old with the paper being yellowed as it is. My granddad was a survivor of one of these camps, so I have some interest in it. I lived with him for years and he did not speak of it, not one time. He did once tell me that the German soldier was the most professional soldier he ever saw. Grandfather soldiered in two wars, I trust his words. He passed in the late 80's.

Also purchased a German booklet, Sieg Der Waffen, that needs to be photographed and posted. That's the one I'm hoping pans-out.