Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour

Article about: Bought this recently and posting a random selection of some of the cartoons and some info. Dates from late 1944 or early 45.

Default The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour

Bought this recently and posting a random selection of some of the cartoons and some info. Dates from late 1944 or early 45.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour   The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  

The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour   The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  

The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour   The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  

The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour

The best British cartoon strip of WW2. I remember my Uncle Hugh who was in North Africa & Italy saying they were very true to life.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

British humor is great.

4md
    ?

" can i borrow your pen knife" .... Classic!

Just found one of these not in as good condition faded and the mice have been at it but this one is signed and dated which for me made it worth wile buying plus I also picked up two Fragments From France magazines with Captain Bruce Bairnsfathers Old Bill.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour   The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  

Attached Images Attached Images The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour 
    Last edited by joseph barrett; 03-29-2012 at 02:06 PM.

?

The British equivalent of Americas Bill Mauldins "Willy and Joe".

?

Brill

Great thread ! Would love to see more !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I think these would have entertained the troops Evan more.
    Attached Images Attached Images The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour  The two types by Jon, 8th army cartoon humour 

Love the cartoons. Looking forward to seeing more, if possible!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast