Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. Army Medic's Personal Photos With Nice Captions

Article about: Hello everyone, I thought I share some photos that belonged to an army medic in the ETO. I don't have a lot of information about him, but his name was Edgar Phar, and I believe that he and/o

?

Default U.S. Army Medic's Personal Photos With Nice Captions

Hello everyone,

I thought I share some photos that belonged to an army medic in the ETO. I don't have a lot of information about him, but his name was Edgar Phar, and I believe that he and/or his family lived in Texas and Virginia. Most of the pictures have nice captions on the backs and I have included these. Sorry for the extremely dark pic, but it is one of the more interesting, as it is the inside of a field(?) hospital tent (I can sort of see cots and hanging plasma bottles). He has is specific about the cause of many of the casualties and the response of American/Allied forces. Anyway, thanks for looking.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. Army Medic's Personal Photos With Nice Captions   U.S. Army Medic's Personal Photos With Nice Captions  

U.S. Army Medic's Personal Photos With Nice Captions   U.S. Army Medic's Personal Photos With Nice Captions  

U.S. Army Medic's Personal Photos With Nice Captions   U.S. Army Medic's Personal Photos With Nice Captions  

Nice collection of pictures. The photo taken at Saint Avold was at the Hospital. Here is a present day picture of it.

?

Thank you for your comments and the image.

Tom

?

Can you tell what kind of division (?) patch he is wearing?

Quote by hftiii View Post
    Can you tell what kind of division (?) patch he is wearing?
    It may be a 7th Army insignia, not clear from the photo.

Might this be his draft card, Texas?

I am definitely seeing 7th Army insignia on the sleeve.. Very nice grouping. Nice to see the Soldier wrote detailed information on the back of the photos.. History is captured with that information..

Smitty

?

Thanks for the information and comments Blackcat and Smitty. Yes, I think that is his card. because I have photos of his family in Texas. I appreciate you posting it, as it will make a nice addition to Mr Pharr's service history.

Tom

Glad to help Tom.