Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Blood Chit Burma

Article about: On blood chits are there any sure give aways for fakes? I know the serial number at the bottom is suppose to be on all chits is it not? meaning it was matched with a solider? Help

Default US Blood Chit Burma

On blood chits are there any sure give aways for fakes? I know the serial number at the bottom is suppose to be on all chits is it not? meaning it was matched with a solider? Help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Blood Chit  Burma  
    Attached Images Attached Images US Blood Chit  Burma  US Blood Chit  Burma 

Default Re: US Blood Chit Burma

It's hard to tell if its a fake or not. These are some of the most popular ones to fake. If it's a real one it is a very nice find. I'd love to have an original.

Burt

Thanks for the info Burt, what should I be looking for on this item what would give it away as being fake?

Garret

I was watching a show called Pawn Stars here in the U.S A guy came into the shop and pawned a silk "blood chit" for 40.00 bucks.I certainly think a real WWII one would be worth a LOT MORE

Ya I agree. Any idea on what to watch out for on these?

Zwerge sent me this link which may be helpful. Nambu World: Good Luck Flags (Hinomaru yosegaki)) Also Bob Coleman may be able to chime in on this one. As for my opinion it would be hard to tell from the pictures you have here, but the discoloring / stains look just like what most of my original Japanese flags and banners have. Good chance this may be a good one. I can't tell you exactly what to look for. Do you have any history on this as to where it came from? I guess I am basing any suspicion as to wether it is a reproduction soley on the collectability of these. It is rare to fine one and there are a million copies where the good luck flags are fairly common. I have been collecting for about 43 years and have never found one of these in person.

Burt

dinkyis1
    ?

My husband and I were fortunate enough to find one at an auction house a few years ago along with some top secret documents of one of the first helicopter rescues in Burma of a captain green. The blood chit we have was never issued and in the book of documents there was a receipt for the purchase of 2 blood chits with the numbers to be issued and one of the numbers matched the blood chit we have. I know there must be more out there but it is so exciting when we are able to hold history in our hands. As far as the translation I only know the translation of the one we have .