Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

US Military Payment Certificate

Article about: Hello All, One of my coworkers brought this to show me and he also gave it to me. It pays to be nice to your friends at work!! It doesn't pay well but it pays This is my first time seeing on

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Robyn,

I have about 300 footlockers and 1200 tote tubs full of equipment, gear, uniforms.. so each time I open one it is like Christmas..

It's time to sell and downsize...

Smitty
    I'll second that.

Keep me in mind when you decide to sell something that I can use that Sam Brown Belt on.
    Preferably something USAAC/USAAF

I thought the 3 I have was a lot!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

For those interested in MPC, there are some very good books on the subject. I will post the titles later and then I will add them to the Forum's Reference Library Section..

Smitty

I know they aren’t MPC like Phil originally started this thread but this is the military currency O have from WWII. Just thought I’d share.

Also I’m originally from SE Texas. Freeport area. So I know what y’all mean. Well since Uncle Sam makes me move every three years or so ( and I don’t really trust the govt movers with being easy with my stuff) the bulk of my collection from my early days of collecting still resides at my folks house. During Harvey the Brazos flooded my parents house but my collection was upstairs so it survived!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Military Payment Certificate   US Military Payment Certificate  

US Military Payment Certificate   US Military Payment Certificate  

Last edited by 08SMLE48; 07-11-2020 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Content

For those with an interest in MPC, here is a great book that discusses the history of the MPC, the different series and other factual information.

The Second book is about WW2 Currency from various countries. What is interesting to note in this book is that it discusses in great detail the Japanese Invasion Currency for the numerous areas that were invaded and occupied by Japan. It also gives good detailed information about the Block lettering sequences seen on these Japanese Invasion Money (JIM) and where that currency was used. In this book it also discusses the Philippine Guerilla money that I mentioned previously..

I will post these books in the Forums Reference Library as well..

Smitty

@ Phil,

My apologies for invading on your topic thread... I will get us back on topic..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Military Payment Certificate   US Military Payment Certificate  

Phil,

As I promised to get this back on track,, Here is the $1.00 and $10.00 denominations for the series you had originally posted.

On the back of the $1.00 note is a written note: "Best wishes to my old buddy who will always be my buddy" John?? 1st Lt ?? and the rest I can't make out...

These are slightly larger in size from the smaller currency denominations.. I believe one reason was in order to make sure they were not mistaken for .25 cent bills...

Smitty

?

Very nice Smitty.
    Thanks for letting me see the larger denomination.
    It's interesting that there are reference books on these and great you were able to add them the reference library here.

I like those just as much, Very Cool. Thanks for posting them!
    And if anybody else has this type of currency. Please feel free to adding them.
    I do enjoy seeing these

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

I have been trying to find the very elusive $5.00 MPC from this series (472) for a number of years.. There is one right now that has been graded extremely fine but it is being sold for $750.00.. This is rather steep for a $5.00 MPC note, but I can also understand the reasoning,, 1. It is from a very early MPC series and 2. The extra fine condition which would indicate that it may not have been issued and was not destroyed as it should have been so many years ago...

As I mentioned some of the higher denomination series notes are very pricey.. It would only be by chance that I stumble across one that was used which I have no problems adding to the collection... Well someday maybe..

Smitty

Here is a series 611 $10.00 Dollar MPC note..

The book that I posted with the Buffalo on the front cover talks in detail about some of the designs of the MPC and the reasons why they chose the particular designs, especially with the later series used in Vietnam (681) with images of tanks, B-52s, Special Forces Soldiers and other images..

Smitty

?

Never seen that one. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4