Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

US Soldiers in North Africa

Article about: My cousin has this photo of his grandfather, my uncle. He is the soldier on the left with the pipe. They know the name of the person on the right, but not the Sgt in the center. They are wit

Default US Soldiers in North Africa

My cousin has this photo of his grandfather, my uncle. He is the soldier on the left with the pipe. They know the name of the person on the right, but not the Sgt in the center. They are with the 1st Armored Div in North Africa.

If anyone can identify the vehicle, I would appreciate it. I know he was in a tank retrieval unit, but little else.

He went through North Africa, Sicily and Italy, won 5 Bronze Stars and 2 Purple Hearts. Had some amazing stories which I have only heard 2nd hand as he never talked about it to the kids, only my other uncles. We used to play with the helmet, K98 and EK2 he brought back. If we had only known then!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Soldiers in North Africa  

Default Re: US Soldiers in North Africa

i would have said a Diamond T recovery truck ill see if i can find a good picture (or two )

wouldn't let me edit the tread so
    US Soldiers in North AfricaUS Soldiers in North Africa

Thank you, Tom! That sure looks like it!
    Happy New Year!