Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Torpedo ?

Article about: Jay that is it nice brother. Thank you. A few more shots and the letter.

?

Default US Torpedo ?

I picked this lot of photos and some paper work up this past weekend can anybody ID the torpedos in the photos . I have more photos if anybody would like to see them. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Torpedo ?   US Torpedo ?  

US Torpedo ?   US Torpedo ?  

US Torpedo ?  

Default Re: US Torpedo ?

It looks like a Finland LP 1 glide bomb.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Eric they are us torpedoes the photos are from the south pacific. On the back of one of the photos it said arming the fish . Gary

rather odd........I cant help.

they must be experimenting with different winged designs. they seem to be rather proud after completing them.

I have no idea then. This is what I saw. Wish you luck on it kinda cool though.

US Torpedo ?
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

I agree commando they do look proud . I have one letter that has been censored pretty good also.

?

Eric they do look a lot alike

?

This might be the us version . I don't see flaps on the one I posted and on the other photos that I haven't posted yet .

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    I agree commando they do look proud . I have one letter that has been censored pretty good also.
    I also wondered about that,because you can see the Army cleared the one letter. must not have been worried about any classified technology being released. obviously they are a special application for a mission or perhaps on to be tested

The photos are as described the GT-1 (glide torpedo). These had radio controlled rudders. The wooden attachments broke loose when it hit the water. These were supposedly used on enemy convoys. Erich's photo is the GB1-15 (glide bomb). These had radio controlled elevators and rudders. There were fifteen types of the GB and they were used for sub pens, bridges, and any other tight targets. I have not been able to find very much info out there on what type of radio system or frequency they used. Very cool photos Gary.

Jay
    Attached Images Attached Images US Torpedo ? 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast