Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made Caricatures

Article about: Hello gents, Some days ago i've got these drawing plates from what left of a book titled Wij Strijden Met De Teekenstift. The book originally the second edition and it was made in late 1941

Cool Wij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made Caricatures

Hello gents,

Some days ago i've got these drawing plates from what left of a book titled Wij Strijden Met De Teekenstift. The book originally the second edition and it was made in late 1941 or early 1942. It's contain 2 bundle of caricatures made by "Kick" Hofer, cartoonist who worked for the dutch east indies newspaper Bataviaasch Nieuwsblad. Total of 50 drawing was published in that newspaper in the period of year 1940 - 1941.
    Wij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made CaricaturesWij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made Caricatures

Bombing over London

Wij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made CaricaturesWij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made Caricatures

Operation Barbarossa

Haile Selassie return to Addis Ababa

Wij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made CaricaturesWij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made CaricaturesWij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made Caricatures

Mocking Arthur Seyss-Inquart

When Rudolf Hess landed in Scotland

Wij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made CaricaturesWij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made CaricaturesWij Strijden Met De Teekenstift - Dutch East Indies Made Caricatures

Tobruk in Operation Compass

Philippe Petain and Pierre Laval

NSB Max Blokzijl

Welcome Year 1941

My favorite one, hitler and mussolini riding the dutch east indies becaa / becak (tricycle taxi)

As you can see, the state is not really perfect anymore since i think it's hidden during japanese occupation and forgotten afterward. Interestingly, there's writing on the inner cover which indicate the book was stored in the library in 1942. But still, all of these Hofer's masterpiece is really unique to watch and read.

Bold Anti-Nazi Themes...Possession of merely ONE of these drawings could have cost someone's head...
    Thanks for sharing these,
    cheers, Glenn

Your welcome. And indeed, no wonder there's not so many the war time dutch newspaper collection left in here. I think many was burned or discarded when the japanese arrived. The rest, hidden and forgotten.

Quote by feldgrau33 View Post
    no wonder there's not so many the war time dutch newspaper collection left in here. I think many was burned or discarded when the japanese arrived. The rest, hidden and forgotten.
    Terima kasih banyak (thank you very much) for showing this nice material!!

And of course also during the Bersiap-period (be prepaired!) much will have been destroyed,
    when Soekarno and Hatta called for the Republic Indonesia in August 1945. Don't you think
    the Permoeda's did destroy also much what was related to the Dutch, while they in fact
    "hated" the Dutch?

Graag gedaan meneer.

Indeed, there's possibility they'll destroy it. I remember one eyewitness account during the bersiap time, he describe speaking dutch was forbidden. I guess thanks to that, it's difficult to find pro-dutch poster, leaflet or announcement in here. The only thing i found is the "steunfonds holland" announcement leaflet dated 1940-41 but kept hidden in a financial book.

I'm sorry for the late reply anyway. Been really busy during the holiday season in here.