Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Kitchener poster

Article about: Just seen this interesting article. Not a bad price for a poster !! Lord Kitchener WWI recruitment poster on sale for £15k at auction | Mail Online Nick

Default WW1 Kitchener poster

Just seen this interesting article. Not a bad price for a poster !!

Lord Kitchener WWI recruitment poster on sale for £15k at auction | Mail Online

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

WOW, I guess I will have to dig the ones out that I have in the Basement!! LOL
    They claim there are only 3 left, I wonder how many may be in collections, or sitting in an attic

Dean O

GBP15K? Damn - welcome to the Anniversary of WW1. Anyone else notice the prices from this period are on the up?

Cheers

Quote by Allegra View Post
    GBP15K? Damn - welcome to the Anniversary of WW1. Anyone else notice the prices from this period are on the up?

Cheers
    I am waiting for the 100th anniversary of WW2 and see my collection value rocket !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I have found here in Canada, that many items have come down in price, common WW1 Medal pairs to Corps, have dropped as well as some cap badges. I am thinking that many dealers were stock piling stuff and have dropped it on the market. As well here several large collections have gone up for sale as the Collectors pass on.
    Of course the rarer items still hold their value, and some items have gone up in price.
    The stuff is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, it just seems to me, the items I want are all in that group that the prices have risin in.

Dean O

Interesting observation Dean. Canada does seem to be bucking the trend of the English dealers / eBay.

Cheers

?

Well as I said Common Corp Medals are down in price, about 25% I think I worked out. And that is watching them on ebay. At the shows I see dealers asking far more than most items are worth, but I do not see those items sell.
    Original WW1 Canadian Tunics with the cloth insignia are very expensive, even mothed I see them going for $1500 and up, The enlisted tunics seem to command the higher prices, The average Canadian recruiting poster Starts at around $500 with the Unit posters going for much more.. like I said, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Dean O

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I am waiting for the 100th anniversary of WW2 and see my collection value rocket !

Nick
    Nick you will be passed it by then! So you might as well give me your collection I will look after it for you..lol. Cheers Terry

Quote by Tango View Post
    Nick you will be passed it by then! So you might as well give me your collection I will look after it for you..lol. Cheers Terry
    Ha! Ha! I will be a spritely 77 year old posting my 1 millionth post !

Nick

?

8 years behind you Nick so I will be posting 999,999 I think ??.. lol.... Cheers Terry.