Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 ATS Girls Ephemera.

Article about: Here are some pictures of one of the finest WW2 ephemera groupings i have yet come across to an ATS girl-PTE Lily Anne Medhurst (Kent ATS). It seemed she had a very romantic war as the bundl

Default WW2 ATS Girls Ephemera.

Here are some pictures of one of the finest WW2 ephemera groupings i have yet come across to an ATS girl-PTE Lily Anne Medhurst (Kent ATS). It seemed she had a very romantic war as the bundle of letters are from five different admirers all pledging undying love for the girl. Some of the content of the letters is most interesting and saucy indeed! Her brother was was killed- a civilian air raid casualty and a photo of him is included in the paperwork of which there is too much to photo and include here. Her two medals, Service Book, ATS sporting medal, Kent Division 'Bulldog' patch and VE-DAY ribbon are also included. This fabulous grouping was dicovered in an attic in a WW2 propaganda notebook cover. It was then offered for auction where i successfully bid for it. It does seem that one of the admirers left her with more than just a goodnight kiss as there is a Midwife Services reciept included with the paperwork and in her service book the reason for leaving is noted as personal reasons. I beleive she had a little boy and named him Phil and there are several letters from a Phil who asks often about little Phil so he may have been the father. This is such an outstanding example of real history and i think only the girls would have retained all of these souvenirs as you dont find such items with the male soldiers. I thought i would share this lot with you and tell me what you think of it. Regards, Tim.

Default Re: WW2 ATS Girls Ephemera.

Hi Tim, an excellent group. My wife Lez says very nice too.

The flash is for Eastern Command.

Thanks for showing them!

Cheers, Ade.

Tim

A very nice and romantic grouping with fascinating history, thanks for sharing

Oh those Kent girls

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Tim

A very nice and romantic grouping with fascinating history, thanks for sharing

Oh those Kent girls

Nick
    I think they were all lovely Nick! It must have been a fascinating time for many i think too.