Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WW2 Photos

Article about: Hey guys I have about 23 original photos from my great great uncle who served in the Pacific from 1942 to 1945. He served in a mortar battalion and he fought in the Solomon Islands and in th

Default WW2 Photos

Hey guys I have about 23 original photos from my great great uncle who served in the Pacific from 1942 to 1945. He served in a mortar battalion and he fought in the Solomon Islands and in the Philippines and saw some occupation duty in Japan. The photos range from some on Bougainville, Philippines, a couple that has an inscription that says the USS Missouri is off in the distance. My uncle was in Tokyo Bay on September 2, 1945. There are also some photos of Yokohoma. When I get a chance later on I will upload some photos. All the photos have inscriptions too. I was wondering what the value of these would be. All thoughts and opinions welcome.

Calloway

?

Those sound very interesting and I look forward to seeing them. Semper Fi. Phil

Default RE: WW2 Photos

Here is these photos I promised. There is 25 of them numbered but only 23 are here, I'm missing number 1 and 5. Instead of taking the pictures of the back I will just type the inscription for each of them. All opinions and thoughts welcome.

Going down the page the inscriptions say, (1) Breaking camp. Baiangus, Luzon (2)Waiting for a boat. Luzon (3) This ship "The Rutlidge" took us to Japan, (4) Joe Moffa and Pat Searano aboard the "Rutlidge", (5) Part of our convoy to Japan, (6) V-J Day in Tokyo Bay, Sept 2, 1945, (7) One of the those ships is the Missouri V.J. Day, Tokyo Bay Sept 2, 1945 (8) Yokohama, Sept, 1945 (9) Taking it all in V.J. Day. Tokyo Bay Sept 2, 1945, (10) All ashore, The hard way. Tokyo Bay. Sept 2, 1945. (11) Moving in the Wars building, Yokohama Sept, 1945 note the guy with his shirt off is my great great uncle (12) We move in, The Japs move out. Yokohama Sept, 1945.
    Calloway WW2 Photos[ATTACH=CONFIG]1390087[]WW2 PhotosWW2 PhotosWW2 PhotosWW2 PhotosWW2 PhotosWW2 Photos[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Photos   WW2 Photos  

WW2 Photos   WW2 Photos  

WW2 Photos  

This only half the photos when I have time I will post the rest of them.

Calloway

?

Calloway great photos