Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 pictures

Article about: Hey guys,can anyone tell me when kodak started printing their name(this paper manufactured by kodak)on the back of their paper? Lady sold me group of WW2? original pictures but when they tur

?

Default WW2 pictures

Hey guys,can anyone tell me when kodak started printing their name(this paper manufactured by kodak)on the back of their paper? Lady sold me group of WW2? original pictures but when they turned up they all are printed on very post war looking paper with what looks like texter writing on the bottoms.....sigh...think ive been had

?

Default Re: WW2 pictures

Any help at all would be great....

Usually you can tell when the paper is old, it will have crease lines, faded a little yellow, etc.. Do you have pictures of these so we can see them?

Alec

From what I understand yes it was used. Kodak paper was not very common in Germany before 1945 as Kodak produced mainly cameras in Germany but I have seen examples of it. Post your pics and the photo guys will be able to help futher.

Eric
    WW2 picturesWW2 pictures
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

A blacklight is useful to determine old paper or not.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Exactly what Ade said. I always carry a small UV light keyring with me when Document shopping (its not 100% fake proof but a good start). Your first port of call is to put some pictures up here though. The experience on this site should get you the answers required

?

Post the pictures mate and we can go from there !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Well finally managed to get a half decent shot of the dodgy writing,appears to be written with a modern felt tip pen,have a reasonable picture of the back showing the "manufactured by kodak" printing I havent ever seen on any other of my WW2 pictures and show a few face shots with an original WW2 picture overlaid for comparison. All of these photos look absolutely brand new,lady who sold them swears her uncle took these and the dates are the dates taken but everything screams reprint!

WW2 picturesWW2 picturesWW2 picturesWW2 pictures

?

Have a blacklight on its way but in the meantime can someone have a quick look and see what they think? Will request a refund if they are what I suspect...thanks

To me they look very white and modern in appearance.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast