MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII US Nurse scrapbook

Article about: Picked this scrapbook up the other day. Hope you guys like it as much as I do . Gary

?

Default WWII US Nurse scrapbook

Picked this scrapbook up the other day. Hope you guys like it as much as I do . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII US Nurse scrapbook   WWII US Nurse scrapbook  

WWII US Nurse scrapbook   WWII US Nurse scrapbook  

Stunning grouping..

A real keeper..

Smitty

?

I agree Smitty

Gary, I really like the scrapbook. I would like to see you do more research on this nurse. You have a wonderful start and I believe nurses do not get the full recognition they deserve. Smitty has a great nurses helmet and a lot of people just go “oh well”. Ask any man or woman that has a Purple Heart on their chest and I believe, no I know that will tell you a nurse was crucial to their recovery.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

An awesome piece to add to the collection!

Gary,

I had to come back and relook at this grouping.. This is an incredible find.. I agree with Marty that this group has some real research potential. You have her name and serial number and that is a great start..

What I really like are some of the personal items in the book.. The typed letter from a German typewriter and addressed from Berchtesgaden and the 101st patch are excellent.. What is the small piece taped on top of the ARIBORNE tab.. It looks like a small sliver of shrapnel??

Well this is certainly a great documented grouping.. I hope that further research can reveal Nurse Hennig's duties...

Smitty

CBH
    ?

Wonderful group, really tells an untold story.
    This stuff is finally getting the respect it deserves.

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post

What I really like are some of the personal items in the book.. The typed letter from a German typewriter and addressed from Berchtesgaden and the 101st patch are excellent.. What is the small piece taped on top of the ARIBORNE tab.. It looks like a small sliver of shrapnel??

Smitty
    Think the "sliver of shrapnel" might just be the pin from the Lieutenants bar poking through from the other side?

Blackcat,,

It could be.. Wasn't thinking that as a possibility.. Good call...

Smitty

?

Hi guys the little piece is shrapnel its taped all by its self. The scrapbook has a lot of info in it . she got in at the end of the war in preparation for the Japanese mainland invasion . lots of cards from family and friends great scrapbook .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast