Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII war illustrated and other papers

Article about: Picked up some of these today, the seller had a about 70 of them, but I only bought a few of the early ones, including Vol 1 issue 1 and Vol 1 issue 3, both complete with the pull out maps.

Default WWII war illustrated and other papers

Picked up some of these today, the seller had a about 70 of them, but I only bought a few of the early ones, including Vol 1 issue 1 and Vol 1 issue 3, both complete with the pull out maps. just posting some of the maps, the covers and a few scans of the insides. A lot about the battles in Poland in these early issues also the battle of the river plate.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII war illustrated and other papers   WWII war illustrated and other papers  

WWII war illustrated and other papers   WWII war illustrated and other papers  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I also picked up a 1942 newspaper edition booklet, "The Bombardment of Bath", published by The Bath & Wilts Chronicle & Herald, covering the so called Baedeker raid. It contains lots of photo's of the aftermath of the raid, but only posting a few here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII war illustrated and other papers   WWII war illustrated and other papers  

WWII war illustrated and other papers  
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice one Jerry!....

jwp
    ?

Great pick up Jerry, I found a big bundle of mags by the same editor, sir John Hammerton, called The Great War....I was there, published between the wars, some great photos, I got about 10 copies at £1 a piece in the local Oxfam bookshop,
    John.

Quote by jwp View Post
    Great pick up Jerry, I found a big bundle of mags by the same editor, sir John Hammerton, called The Great War....I was there, published between the wars, some great photos, I got about 10 copies at £1 a piece in the local Oxfam bookshop,
    John.
    These were the same price John, though the Bath booklet was £2. My wife has some of the WWI versions including a bound volume I bought her.
    Regards,

Jerry

good pick up.