Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Some interesting pictures from Soviet side

Article about: by thierry is the sniper chinese or something There was about 50 asian nationalities in the Soviet union- Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan is bigger one. But also small like Evenks, Yakuts, Buryats, N

HistDean
    ?

Default Re: Some interesting pictures from Soviet side

Still a real nice pic though!

2. # ADS

tony
    ?

The picture of the German tanks and infantry advancing towards Russian soldiers looks very real. Those Russian soldiers are very brave. I would have run a mile from those tanks by now. Perhaps they couldn't run away otherwise they would have been shot for cowardice. If it is not staged this would have to be the best WW2 combat picture I have ever seen.

Great photos. It's nice to see something other than just German for a change. I recently picked up a few pics of Russians-most are of them as PWs, and one I just got yesterday as a matter of fact-shows two Russian Officers and they look like they are wearing their awards with the front side against their tunics because it looks to me like you see the screwback-screws.

Also, I have a few shots with Russians helping the Germans-one new one got last night and shows Cossacks on horses who were "working" with the men of the 79th Gj Artillery Regiment, 1st GJ Division-in the Caucasus mountains. I've also got a few other Hiwi shots.

Anyway-great pics from "the other side."

?

Actually, Neil was right this picture it's just a shot from the postwar movie "Garnizon Brestskoi kreposti" - "Garrison of the Brest Citadel". Recently I saw this movie and saw that moment. I was in Belorussia in Brest there is a museum of defenders of citadel. The defend of the Brest Citadel it,s a real heroic page of WWII history. The war on the citadel started in summer night of june 22 0f 1941. Till the end of the june germans coudn't break thorough inside the citadel. Then till the end of the july they coudn't catch the last defence strongpoints on the citadel area: Russians(mostly borderguards) continued to fight in pillboxes in katakombs and barracks without the water, supply and no chanses to escape. Germans used the 500 th mm. mortars Carl to destroy the barracks and once they used a 2000 kg bomb dropped from the plain. Acording with some sources the last defeneder of Brest Citadel was surrended in januar 1942. He lived in katakombs under the citadel.
    It,s a very interesting page of history, even in Soviet Union this story was unknown till 1950-th.

The movie maid in 1956 and they shooted in real Fortress. On the first picture it's the same so called "Holm's gate"where was made a picture with russians try to stop the germans tank.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some interesting pictures from Soviet side   Some interesting pictures from Soviet side  

Some interesting pictures from Soviet side   Some interesting pictures from Soviet side  

Some interesting pictures from Soviet side   Some interesting pictures from Soviet side  

is that russian firing a panzerfaust?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    is that russian firing a panzerfaust?
    Yes, it is.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by thierry View Post
    is the sniper chinese or something
    He's most likely to be Mongolian, Siberian or even from Kazakhstan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3